Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quick update from Busy Internet

Well I'm here at Busy Internet... Accra's largest internet cafe. And quickly running out of minutes! So this will be less long-winded than the others I promise :)

First of all, pictures are up! Well, some of them. The connection here at Busy Internet is pretty slow but I'll get them all up eventually I promise!

Also, last night I got a new roommate! Her name is Osato and she is from Nigeria. She's probably in her late 20's and is in law school. And she's all about traveling within Ghana! So I finally have a travel buddy. This weekend I think we're going to venture to Cape Coast along with two other Ikando volunteers, Timothy and Chloe, who stayed at the Accra accommodation just last night before they continued their travels within the country. And then Timothy, Chloe and I already talked about doing the canopy walk at Kakum National Park the next weekend. So travel plans are shaping up!

And today at work Mrs. Dove took me to the GI school here in Ghana - it's the most prestigious private school in the country. The visit definitely added to my perspective on education here in Ghana.

Anddddd I have to finish for now before I get kicked off.

More to come soon! Love love LOVE!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love looking at the pictures!! Anxious to see more...and hear more... Mom